A fire is something we can prevent unlike storm or other weather-related disasters. The problem, however, is that many homeowners are unaware of the fire hazards present in their homes. As a result, hundreds of homes get burned down by fire in Utah every year.
With several years of experience in fire restoration, the AAA Restoration team provides information on how to minimize the risk of common fire dangers in your home:
Burning candles and fire in a wood-burning stove are not the only open flames in your home. Keep an eye on paper towels, pot holders, and other clutter in your kitchen which may come in close range of the stove-top and could ignite easily.
Electrical wiring is often the cause of home fires. You need to be extra careful of the wiring in your home. Have an electrician perform regular check-ups on your home. Also, replace your circuit breakers with arc-fault circuit interrupters. These new devices help homeowners prevent fire by identifying electrical arcs that often involve loose wires.
Plugs that hang partially out of a damaged outlet could generate heat over time and ignite a fire. Once you see loose outlets, replace them with new ones right away. Have a professional help you with outlet replacement to ensure safety in your home.
Check your home today for any fire hazards. Make sure you get them replaced or removed before they spark a fire. Moreover, save our hotline number (801-441-0352) as we can help you get your home back to normal after a fire.